Rancho High School
Rancho High School works to provide a program that offers support to all students seeking to be a part of a small community, rooted in Restorative Practices and committed to a growth mindset. Our staff provides an indirect teaching program designed for students who prefer to work independently online. Rancho students typically enjoy working in a smaller classroom environment.
Students who choose Rancho High School need to be motivated, independent learners. The Rancho program can work well for students who may have fallen behind in credits. Students are able to earn the Rancho High School diploma after successfully completing 200 credits of required coursework, and passing other required proficiencies.
HOURS & EXPECTATIONS
- School hours are from 8:15-3:00 pm. Students typically select a 3 day AM or PM schedule.
- Other schedules are available and are assigned, based on need. Students report weekly to review coursework, assessments, and progress toward completion.
- To make adequate progress, students must successfully complete at least one course every 3 weeks to earn 5 credits.
- Students enroll in a minimum of six 3-week sessions each semester.
- Students who do not work at this pace will be transferred to the comprehensive high school program where they will have direct instruction and additional school-wide support. No partial credit is granted.
- Newsela - Newsela is a curated collection of current event articles for learners in grades 2nd - 12th grade.
- CommonLit: Free access to a range of literature based content that is searchable by literary techniques for grades 3-12.
- Sora and eReading App: This reading app gives our K-12 families access to thousands of ebooks and audiobooks.
- Stories.audible.com - You will find hundreds of titles available completely free for ages 0–18. These stories offer a screen-free option that can help break up the day for families with students home from school. There are selections for our listeners in English, Spanish, German, French, Japanese and Italian.
- The Big List of Children’s Authors Doing Online Read Alouds & Activities- We Are Teachers website has collected the top read alouds for all ages.
- Khan Academy - Math and Science Digital Lessons Grades K-8
- Brainpop- (Your teacher can give you the password)
- Phet Simulations - Interactive Simulations for Math and Science
- Desmos - Interactive Graphing
- Math is Fun - Math Activities
- NRICH - Activities to Develop Problem-Solving Skills
- CAASPP - ELA, Math, & Science: Student Interface Practice and Training Tests
HEALTH & WELLNESS RESOURCES
Health and Wellness
- Family GoNoodle- This website gets kids moving and practice mindful activities
- Headspace For Kids- A great website for kids to practice meditation and calming exercises
- UCLAhealth.org-Guided Meditations- Guided meditations
- Ted Talk for Teens- Get Inspired by Peers
- Classfit- Keep your kids active with these free short exercise videos
- CareSolace - Take advantage of the online and virtual therapy resources offered through Care Solace. Care Solace is open 24/7 to support families, students and staff in need and will assist them in finding available local resources. Those in need of support may call us 24/7 at 888-515-0595 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are ready to serve all people in need of services!
- Reduce exposure by getting matched to an online therapist.
- Care Solace Care Concierge Team will hand hold families through this process.